You may encounter this issue when moving a project from a computer to computer. If you encounter the issue any other way, please let us know.
By default there should be a folder next to your project called "Motion Graphics Templates Media" and/or "Premiere Composer Files". You have to move both of these folders with your project.
When opening a project Premiere might find the files on its own, or you might need to locate them manually.
There is no "Motion Graphics Media" folder next to my project?
By default the graphic files are copied next to the project file. However, you may have changed the following setting in Project -> File -> Project Settings -> Scratch Disks. It is advised to keep Motion Graphic Template Media setting as "Same as Project" to avoid trouble.
If your project was setup to copy the Motion Graphic media somewhere else, you can collect the required files like this:
- Open your working project
- Go to File -> Project Manager
- Follow this image guide:
- Now all of the required assets should rest in the new folder you selected and you can move the whole folder to a new computer.
Still cannot find the missing media?
In case you cannot locate the missing media, here is what you can do:
1. Make sure your Motion Graphics Template Media path is set to "Same as project" (explained above)
2. Create a new sequence, any will do
3. Add the same graphics from Premiere Composer to this sequence
4. Close and open the project again
5. If prompted to locate the missing files, they should be next to your project in Motion Graphics Template Media or Premiere Composer Files folders.